Now I see why Linus dislike Gnome3
Last night I update my laptop to Gnome 3.2, delivered by archlinux. In order to experience a fresh Gnome 3.2, I removed .gconf and .config/dconf.
- Can not customize keyboard layout (to be exact, can not make CapsLock another Ctrl), though it appears right in keyboard layout setting window.
- Can not change wallpaper, though it appears right in preview of wallpaper setting window.
- Power management applet disappeared after I login to desktop. Tough it do exist in GDM step.
- Theme is really wired (seems a fail-safe one) and gnome-tweak-tool seems doing nothing about GTK+ theme.
- I have no idea how above issue happens, even as an experienced Gnome user. .xsession-errors gives nothing useful this time.